October Meeting Minutes ~ 10/15/2018
Attendees: Beverly Smith, Thalia Peletis, Connie Rudd, Heidi
“Scooter” Nieman, Jan Cherne, Donna Dannen, Pam Buhl, Rachel
Paulson, Linda Kitzman, Lori Elvera, Shanan Streweler, Nancy
Golden, Sue Wangerin, Sydney Langner Guests: Jody
was called to order at 7:05pm by President, Pam B.
Presidents Report, Pam: None
Presidents Report: Sydney: None
Recording Secretary Report, Scooter: None
Corresponding Secretary, Lori: None
Treasurer’s Report, Thalia: Balances reported at the
meeting. Members may contact the treasurer for that
Members report: None
Kimberly Labarthe – 2nd reading,
Stephen Dziuban – 2nd reading,
Deidre Dziuban – 2nd reading,
Jody Carpenter, 1st reading,
**Members with 2nd readings, have been voted in
Agility, Terry: None
Breeder Referral, Pam – 3 new inquiries for puppies
Colorado Legislative Liaison: Aurora has a meeting tonight.
Douglas County has a meeting Thursday evening
2018 Specialty: We are allowed 10 RV spaces, in the
contract it states there will be plenty of tables in the
building Create RV passes to put in window of RV’s
Rescue – Placed last puppy from Iowa in September
SCA 2021, Connie: We have
negotiated a final version of the Hotel contract and Island
Grove contract. Connie will sign both while in Greeley for
Buckhorn Valley Shows. Pam and Connie continue to work out
final details with Onofrio for the Superintendent’s contract and
Donna Dannen is working on final details with the photographer’s
Connie conducted another “sticky
note” exercise and here are the results:
WHAT WE LOVED ABOUT THIS YEAR’S
- Rescue Parade
- Bath area with hot water
- Bathing facility was great!
- Motor Home facility was great!
- Parade of title Holders was
stellar! It included a program and a beautiful rosette
- Top 20 was fab!
-“ Clean up Wagon”
- Hospitality - lunch provided was
- Six bath tubs for bathing!
- FREE daily coffee, donuts and
WHAT WE CAN DO BETTER IN 2021
- Would like to see judging from
grooming area (this year there were three large TV monitors so
remote grooming room could watch)
- More poop stations for hotel
- Larger Top 20 Ring
- Welcome signs at hotel and show
- Shampoo at dog wash
- More attention to details
- Need a ring as big or bigger as
this year’s (main conformation ring)
- Need bigger room for live auction
dinner, and extra seating for those who came after dinner, but
for the auction.
- Badges for Judges and Stewards
- Better Welcome Party!
- Have at least two days of agility
- Clean up supplies in elevators at
- More frequent marketing in advance
to get people excited to come
- Have hospitality bag and name tags
ready to hand out at the beginning of the week
- Make daily events more visible for
all to see - along with time and locations
- Mitigate noise from ringside
grooming area in main event center
- Not enough Rally Maps - we will
- Have obedience and rally in a
quieter room not in the same room as the main ring and grooming!
- More trash cans
- Try to have extra events at same
- Provide a visible space for club
- Provide dressing space without
having to run to the bathroom
- Welcome bags and name tags!
- Food and drink available at all
times. Dr. Pepper!!!
- Ask judge to announce Ring
procedure basic beforehand if possible
- Have extra hospitality bags
available for those who forget to sign up1
- Larger grooming spaces
- Have “made the cut” trinket for
- Post schedule in multiple places
around the grounds and hotels - include working events
- Information; daily events post on
- More planned activities for RV
- Need a better web site! - we can
do better with JoDee
show where we can see and browse
class results immediately on Face Book or web site during show
3-tier ribbons for all class placements
for Nominations from the floor for 2019 Officers and Board of
Governors. No nominations were received.
of Lights is November 30!!!
23 @ 7:30pm we have a Judges Education event @ Governors Ranch
party – December 15th
Barks & Growls:
Connie finished Summer!!
Sydney got engaged
Lori – Emmy got her 1st
rally intermediate leg
Scooter – Millie got her 2nd
rally intermediate leg
Pam – Niko was Best of Opposite in
Meeting adjourned at 8:35 PM
Nominating committee was selected. : Donna Dannen, Pam Buhl and